Re: KDE: mouse problems

On Mon, 2001-10-29 at 12:26, Roland Wegmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a curious mouse problem! When I start debian, the system recognizes
> my mouse (MS Wheel Mouse Optical USB) first. After kdm is launched,
> sometimes my mouse is inactive sometimes it works.
> In the former case I have to reboot the system (sometimes several times),
> but then the mouse works under KDE 2.1.1, too. Under X-Window the mouse was
> active in any case.

Probably a problem with gpm: just desactivate gpm

/etc/init.d/gpm stop

and remove it from your startup since it seems you don t use the
console.

/usr/bin/update-rc.d -f gpm remove

You probably will have to restart the X manager (kdm or equivalent) with
CTL+ALT+Backspace

You never need to reboot the system, just pass the correct commands.

Michel.