objprelink and lintian errors

Hi.. I'm building packages using objprelink and getting lintian errors
similar to the following:

E: noatun-plugins: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libnoatunluckytag.so.0.0.0
E: noatun-plugins: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libnoatunmadness.so.0.0.0
E: noatun-plugins: shlib-with-non-pic-code usr/lib/libnoatunwakeup.so.0.0.0

I build without objprelink and there's no problems.

The new error messages are due to a change in lintian - packages I built a
few weeks ago that were lintian clean now give similar errors.

Is anyone else running into this?  Does anyone know if it's lintian being
over-zealous or if objprelink is causing policy violations in the packages
that use it?  Or am I just abusing objprelink?

Ben.