Updated KDE on Progeny?

For the past few days I've been trying to build an updated version of KDE
for Progeny. Until recently, the only box I had to do this on was my p266
laptop so progress has been slow. But now I have a new Progeny install at
work. Yay! :)

So anyway, I want to get an updated version going because Konqueror
doesn't seem to like webbrowsing with the current KDE packages in Progeny,
and because only very recent versions of Konqueror (2.1.1 and up) work
with CodeWeavers' CrossOver Plugin (which works very well for streaming
quicktime movies btw.)

So which would be better...
Grabbing the latest potato source packages from kde.debian.net, getting
the latest kde source packages out of woody or sid, or building it from
the original source?

I think I'd perfer to use debs, but I don't want to go about packaging
KDE myself. So if the source packages won't work I'll default to a source
install into /usr/local.

And, if anyone has any tips, would love to hear them!

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward