Re: KOffice 1.1rc1 for potato

> This makes me hope that there will be potato packages of KOffice
> 1.1rc1. Is this my understanding of these lines correct? If so, when
> can we expect the packages to be available?

Hmm, the backport itself is non-trivial, but on top of that it has become
more and more apparent that KDE 2.1 is not enough for KOffice to work
decently; for KOffice 1.1-rc1 and 1.1-final the packaging process itself
depends on KDE 2.2 being available.  At which point we observe that KDE
2.2 isn't being backported to potato either (a move which I agree
heartedly with since time is much better spent getting 2.2 into shape for
the woody release).

So these two facts together mean that I probably won't ever do the
backport myself (especially since the woody release is coming closer at
which point potato itself will become obsolete).

However, if someone else wants to do the backport then they're more than
welcome. :) - feel free to drop me a line and I'll point out the areas
where you're likely to run into problems.

Ben.