Re: questions on alpha and kde

On Sat, Aug 18, 2001 at 02:33:35AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Hello,
>
> please Cc: me because I am not on the list.
>
> I have seen that kde packages, and qt packages seem to have a hack
> to build with gcc-3.0 on alpha.
>
> I maintain ecasound and ecawave which depends upon them, and
> I believe I need to do the same hack for these packages.
>
> This probably means, I need to do the same thing for
> ecasound, which these packages depend upon.
>
> Is this really the required process?
> I am rather unsure, because it looks rather crude to me.

yes it is crude...however anything that links to QT on alpha *must* be
built using g++-3.0 otherwise it'll a) not build, and if it does build it'll
b) not work.

this hack may not be required for much longer as we are either going to
build all c++ based programs with g++-3 or the whole distro with gcc3/g++3

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II