broken ssl support in kdelibs3-crypto (2.2.0-0beta1-7)

Hi, when upgrading kdelibs3-crypto to package version 2.2.0-0beta1-7, I
see the following:

Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/kde2/kio_https.la to
/usr/lib/kde2/kio_https-nossl.la by kdelibs3-crypto'
Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/kde2/kio_https.so to
/usr/lib/kde2/kio_https-nossl.so by kdelibs3-crypto'
Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/libkssl.so.2.0.2 to
/usr/lib/libkssl-nossl.so.2.0.2 by kdelibs3-crypto'
Adding `diversion of /usr/lib/libkssl.la to /usr/lib/libkssl-nossl.la
by kdelibs3-crypto'

and when trying to access SSL-enabled web sites, I get one of those
annoying 'The process for the https://blah protocol died unexpectedly'
error messages.

I understand that there have been some major changes in the way SSL is
implemented in the ioslaves recently and that the separate https slave
is going away, integrated into the main http slave.

Is what I'm seeing a symptom of this (that will hopefully go away
soon), a compile problem with the most recent version of OpenSSL, or a
bug in the packaging?

TIA,
--
marm