Re: intall debian with GUI

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:43:49PM +0700, Ondolan wrote:

> hi all ...  i want to make installer debian with GUI like in Mandrake
> which i can put image, button image, logo, etc.  first i think i will use
> Qt, or maybe Java but then i realize that the-X isn't installed yet, can
> someone help me how to make this GUI installer ???.  and does someone
> know software kind of dselect in GUI for debian?

Hi,

please start a new thread (do _not_ reply to a message) if you want to talk
about another subject. Thanks.

If you need a graphical installer, look at Progeny Debian. It's a beefed up
version of Debian with more up-to-date packages, and more user-friendly
setup.

Otherwise I'd perhaps try Embedded Qt. It runs off the framebuffer (so
doesn't need X) but you can develop it using X and then just recompile with
the embeeded Qt libraries.

However, I'd rather try and support the existing projects, than start yet
another one.

--
Jens Benecke
http://www.hitchhikers.de/ - Die kostenlose Mitfahrzentrale für ganz Europa