qmake trouble - missing mkspecs

Ivan --

Just tried out qmake from the latest libqt3-dev package (that I have,
anyway), which is beta2-3.

Problem is that it doesn't include any mkspecs - at least, I can't find
any.  fyi: mkspecs are housed in the mkspecs directory at the top
level of the qt3 tarball, just like tmake, actually.  Arranged the
same as with tmake.  Necessary subdirectories are at least linux-g++
and linux-cxx (not sure of the difference, I always use g++), and
possibly linux-kcc for completeness.

The mkspecs directory should, I think, be installed under
/usr/share/qt (or whereever QTDIR is usually set to).  Also qmake
needs QTDIR to find the mkspecs directory, it always looks for it at
$QTDIR/mkspecs, so if you've got any nifty way to set this for qmake,
as for designer, go right ahead :)

Another handy env variable is QMAKESPEC, which should be set to the
mkspec to use.  For KDE on Linux this should almost always be
linux-g++ IMHO.

cheers
Michael Ashton <data@ieee.org>
----
"My attitude toward progress has passed from antagonism to boredom. I
have long ceased to argue with people who prefer Thursday to
Wednesday because it is Thursday."
    -- G. K. Chesterton