re: debian and kde2.2

This is just a pre-emptive feature request:  Ivan, please include the patches
by Dawit Alemayehu wrt proxy and https in your 2.2beta packages.  I know
sometimes debian packages are base source + patches and I'm hoping this will
be one of those times :-)  The benefits are that many, many, corporate-type
users (like myself) will be able to actually use konq all the time, rather
than just most.  The patches are available at:
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/proxy.tgz
http://users.starpower.net/adawit/kde2/patches/proxy.diff

and the instructions are just:
Untar/Uncompress (tar -zxvf) the contents of the tgz file package into
kdebase/kcontrol/kio and apply the patch from the same directory.

The will undoutably be rolled into the 2.2.1 release, but until then.....

Anyways, just a thought.  Thanks for your time!

--
"To me vi is Zen.  To use vi is to practice zen. Every command is
You discover truth everytime you use it." reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com

dbishop@micron.com