Re: keyboard freeze after reboot

On Saturday 14 July 2001 12:16, Hank Marquardt 's fingers did this all over
the keyboard!! :
> I can report the same behavior .. same setup except I'm still at 2.4.4
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2001 at 05:18:55PM +0200, Johannes M Zmoelnig wrote:
> > hi !
> > i don't know whether this has been discussed already on this list, but
> > still...
> > using xfree-4.0.3-4 and kde-2.2.0-beta on my sid-system (kernel-2.4.6)
> > gives me a very interesting feature: after each reboot the keyboard locks
> > after kdm is being launched
> > since the mouse still works, i can easily restart the X-server
> > then everything works fine (nevertheless i think it is a kde-related
> > problem)
> > any hints, helps tips ?
> >
> > mfg.cd.sdz
> > IOhannes

	This may have NO bearing whatsoever, but I found that after editting my
/etc/inittab and adding more vt's, I could no longer type into KDM or XDM or
GDM. I then discovered that KDM DEMANDS that it be allowd to live in VT7! If
it ran from anywhere else, I lost keyboard ability.

> > --

- --
                           OutCast Computer Consultants of Central Oregon
                                                 (541) 504-1388
                                 Via IRC at;
                                           Via ICQ: UIN 138930

"Failure is not an option...it's bundled with Microsoft"

"Software is like sex. They're both better when they're free!!" - Linus

"As a computing professional, I believe it would be unethical for me to
advise, recommend, or support the use (save possibly for personal
amusement) of any product that is or depends on any Microsoft product."

MessageID: uCt/X5bhVtxrd8+TI3atz5SlQmCvkYSk