Re: preset bookmarks

On Wednesday 04 July 2001 09:15, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > > So maybe something like this is the way to go.  Add something like this
> > > to /etc/kde2/kde2.sh
> > >
> > > konq_dir="$kdehome/share/apps/konqueror"
> > > if [ ! -d "$konq_dir" ]; then
> > > 	mkdir -p "$konq_dir"
> > > 	cp /etc/kde2/bookmarks.xml "$konp_dir/"
> > > fi
> >
> > Sorry to followup myself, but the '! -d' check is too simple.
> > One has to check that $kdehome/share/apps/kfm/bookmark/ is empty
> > and, if bookmark.xml exists, that it's equal to '<!DOCTYPE xbel ><xbel/>'
> > before one copies a default bookmarks.xml.
>
> what happens if $kdehome/share/apps/kfm/bookmark/ isn't empty and
> $kdehome/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml is created by the kde2 script?
Hi Ivan,

$kdehome/share/apps/kfm/bookmark/  tree was the old bookmark stuff with
*.desktop and/or *.kdelnk (?).  If bookmarks.xml does not exist a new one
is generated from them.  So if you copy a default
bookmarks.xml file and someone that used KDE < 2.1 and start KDE > 2.0 for the
first time, he/she only sees 'your' bookmarks but not his/her old bookmarks.

Achim