Re: preset bookmarks

On Tuesday 03 July 2001 23:25, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 02:46:23PM -0700, David Bishop wrote:
> > On Tuesday 03 July 2001 01:19 pm, Ivan E. Moore II wrote:
> > > ok all you kde junkies...anyone know how I can setup a default bookmark
> > > list so that upon installation a user will have a few bookmarks (ie things
> > > like www.debian.org/debianplanet/etc...)?
> > >
> > > Ivan
> >
> > I'll say the obvious one:  kde.themes.org.  Of course, my mind just went
> > completely blank and I can't think of any others :-P Oh, take that back:
> > dot.kde.org. *Now* I can't think of any others........
>
> ok...let me rephrase this.
>
> I need to know *how* to do this.

I only found what does not work :(  Obvious try was
to create a /usr/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
and remove the one in ~/.kde.

dcop bookmark interface has no (obviously) easy entry.

So maybe something like this is the way to go.  Add something like this
to /etc/kde2/kde2.sh

konq_dir="$kdehome/share/apps/konqueror"
if [ ! -d "$konq_dir" ]; then
	mkdir -p "$konq_dir"
	cp /etc/kde2/bookmarks.xml "$konp_dir/"
fi

works only if konqueror was never started by this user.
But to handle merging of the kde 2.0 and > 2.1 bookmark formats, uhmm,  ...

Maybe someone has the time to try to play with konqueror.rc.
Would be an elegant solution.

> but now that you said this...submit your recommendations as well. :)

http://lists.debian.org/#debian-kde	# or another link that lists debian-kde
					# specific infos

But put them all in a 'Debian' bookmark folder so they are easy to delete
if one does not like them :^)
Achim