RFC: use /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals instead of /etc/kderc

Hi,

/etc/kderc is used by _all_ KDE builds (as long as one does not hack the
cpp source code).   This breaks kio_help from KDE CVS (see kio_help thread
on kde-devel http://lists.kde.org/?t=99298269700001&w=2&r=1 ).
Fortunately what can be done with /etc/kderc
can also be done with system.kdegloablas (kdelibs/kdecore/kconfigbackend.cpp)

So for upcoming KDE 2.2 (and later KDE 2.1?) pkgs , I would like to suggest
something like  (modulo typos :)

  if [ -L /etc/kderc ]; then
    rm -f /etc/kderc
  else
    rm -f         /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals
    mv /etc/kdmrc /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals
  fi
  ln -s /etc/kde2 /usr/share/config

or

  mkdir /usr/share/config
  if [ -L /etc/kderc ]; then
    rm -f /etc/kderc
    mv /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals  /usr/share/config/
  else
    rm -f /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals
    mv /etc/kdmrc /usr/share/config/system.kdeglobals
  fi

instead of ln -s /etc/kde2/system.kdeglobals /etc/kderc as currently in
kdelibs3.preinst in CVS.

I've verified that my suggestion above works with kdm:
without a /etc/kderc or /usr/share/config/system.kdeglobals
kdm does not find /etc/kde2/kdmrc and therefore nousers config
entry is not found and I get a long list of users.  Further log into vergin
account with kde2 and my kde-cvs kdm session and found no problem up to now.

Others using Debian KDE and a parallel KDE CVS build my try my
suggestion new.  Suddenly  khelpcenter in KDE CVS works can display the
documentation (wow!!!) (As long as one did not rebuild from CVS since Monday
morning ;)

Achim
                                      -- reddy@lion.austin.ibm.com