Re: kde 2.2 deps for unstable ?

Malte Cornils wrote:

"Ivan E. Moore II" wrote:

what deps are you missing?
On Thu, Jun 07, 2001 at 06:04:42PM +0200, Philipp Schmid wrote:

How long do we have to wait for them?
or can i get them from a dep source ?

I think he was speaking of debian packages (debs). Getting them from
experimental is probably something most people are not accustomed to
(including me :-)). Since other packages (like Adrian Bunk's "kernel
2.4 for potato" packages) are put up on people.debian.org and
"announced" as an apt line, would it be inconvenient for you to put
them up on people.debian.org instead of (or in combination with)
experimental? If it means more work for you, please don't; I'd
rather see that go into maintaining the high package quality than
pleasing the impatient crowd. :)

I know, you'll probably tell me to learn using experimental and in
fact, this is probably correct :-)

Let me just ask a quick question here.. what the heck is "experimental"? Tried substituting it for unstable in my sources.list, but it didn't work.. I managed to get the 2.2 debs manually from the pool directory on the ftp, and now i wonder, is this what you mean by "using experimental" or is there an easier way?

  /Emil

--
Emil Styrke <emil@styrke.com>
GnuPG public key ID: 0x36137436