Re: buglets: kdebase and kdm 2.1.1-7 in sid

> > I thought you were smoking crack for a second...but then I remembered that
>
> Hey, you can't know.  The webcam was switched off ;)

I'm psychic.

> > same thing here... they are there...just got overwritten...
>
> Hmm, maybe related:
>
>    o There is a kdm-config and xdm-config.  Looks like
>      kdm-config is not used anymore.  Remove?

not true...kdm-config is what should be used...I'll explain...

>    o Please add DisplayManager*requestPort:0 to xdm-config
>      (was in kdm-config)
>
>    o is kdm.options still used?  I've found no reference to it in
>      /etc/init.d/kdm

all of the files in /etc/X11/kdm/ were overwritten by the default kdm files
out of the source tree...  (well most of them)...I did alot of build cleanup
over the past few weeks including updating the kdm files using the latest
xdm stuff.  In doing so I moved some things around in debian/rules...however
when I backported it all to the 2.1.x tree I forgot to move the "dh_movefiles"
bit for kdm above where I copy all the debian specific stuff over...so basially
I was copying over the debian specific stuff with the gerneic kdm stuff...

/etc/init.d/kdm does not use kdm.options..however stuff under /etc/X11/kdm
does as well as the post/pre install/remove scripts for kdm.

with 2.1.x xdm-config is the default config file produced by kdm...with 2.2
it's been moved to kdm-config (which is what I've been using for a while)...
which due to my fubar with movefiles caused duplications...

I'm working on 2.1.2 packages right now which fix all of the kdm related
problems.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II