Re: kword--older version?

On Sun, Apr 01, 2001 at 02:37:57PM -0500, Jesse Goerz wrote:

> I'm starting to check the apt documentation for ways to put packages on
> hold (I never got around to doing that before and now I'm paying the

echo "mypackage hold" | dpkg --set-selections

or use dselect (which IMHO is a PITA).

> bugs;-).  Thanks for all the hard work Ivan.  I've already converted 3
> (going on 4) RedHat users thanks to the work you've done with KDE in
> potato.

That's nothing. I've already converted four WINDOWS users to Debian/KDE
because of the current KDE in Debian (which none of the other distros have
yet, Mandrake 7.x users are still groaning about 2.0.x apparently).

--
" ...screams erupted at a Seattle hotel where Microsoft founder Bill Gates
was addressing an education and technology conference. (...)"