displaying CJK text in KDE on potato/testing

Hello,

I installed KDE 2.1.1 (for potato) and everything seems to run fine, except
that I cannot view far-east languages (Chinese, Japanese, Korean) text. For
example, I point Konqueror to www.yahoo.co.jp or kr.yahoo.com, and the fonts
don't show up at all.

I do have xfonts-cjk installed, so I can view CJK fonts through Netscape and
Mozilla.

I tried searching this ML (and KDE ML) for pointers, but I didn't find any,
so ... could someone please shed some light on what I might be missing here?

Thank you much.
-vk