Konsole and graphical characters

I have the following problem,
  Konsole does not seem to be able to deal with graphical characters (the
ones that one uses for drawing boxes, scroll bars, and so on). I am using a
courier new font from Microsoft that *has* these characters. This is a
nuisance if you use for instance dselect. When you see the list of packages
(under the [S]elect option) they are separated by this graphical bars which
are all mixed by konsole. Moreover they leave "detritus" on the screen once
you used them and you have to reset the shell.
Xterm with the same font does not have this problem. I am using an updated
sid distribution. Does anybody else have the same problems? I have seen a
related bug (#90648) report at bugs.debian.org that Ivan tagged to be
unreproducible.
--
Joaquim Ortega-Cerdà         E-mail:  quim@mat.ub.es
Dept. App. Math.& Analysis   Phone:   (34)-93 4035747

WWW: http://www.maia.ub.es/cag/index.html