Re: kdeinit shared libraries

On Sun, Mar 25, 2001 at 12:39:30AM +0100, Michal Kulakowski wrote:
> On friday, 23 March I downloaded the most fresh release from tdyc, installed
> it and everything was OK till the first reboot. KDE isn't starting up no more.
> I've traced the problem and got :
>
> undefined symbol : lt_dlopen_flag (/usr/bin/kdeinit)
>
> from kdeinit included in kdelibs3_2.1.0.1-0.potato5_i386.deb
>
> My ld.so isn't pure Debian, as I remember i compiled the latest release from
> freshmeat, I use libc6_2.2.2-1_i386.deb. The other stuff that may be related
> is left unchanged (potato)
>
> What's the problem ?
> What have I screwed up ?
> What libs should I get to make it finally working ?

Not running potato myself, but I notice you say libc6_2.2.2-1? From
unstable?

Ivan has mentioned a few times that the official/sid debs of kde should
actually be more stable than the backports for potato. So... if you are
already running libc6 from unstable, maybe you could just point at sid
for your kde debs as well?

Gordon Sadler