problem with qt

Hello,

I've always compiled qt and kde myself until I started using Debian and
Ivan's kde packages. Trying to enable AA on my potato box, I again compiled qt. I used this
configure command:

./configure -release -sm -gif -system-zlib -system-libmng -system-jpeg
-no-opengl -xft

The compilation succeeds, but starting kde applications results in this
error message:

error while loading shared libraries:
/usr/local/lib/qt-2.3.0/lib/libqt.so.2: undefined symbol:
XRenderFindVisualFormat

I apologize if this is offtopic, but I hope someone knows how to solve
this.

Thanks,
Iwan.