Re: Proxy authentification

On Thursday 22 March 2001 02:42, Thierry FLORAC wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was currently using Debian potato, updated with KDE-2.1 packages for
> Potato from kde.debian.net.
> I have upgraded to KDE-2.1.1 this morning, and now I have a problem with
> Konqueror, which don't want to handle my proxy authentification anymore.
> The error message is :
>
>   Unsupported action
>   Unknown authorization method!
>
> This problem disappear if I downgrade my "kdelibs3" package to old version
> (kdelibs3_2.1-final-0.potato1).
>
> Any idea ??
>
> Thierry

You found a fix??  Sweet!  Now, before I completely bowlderize away my box (sid/i386)
does anyone know whether or not I can downgrade to that version of kdelibs
without screwing anything else up?  I assume there were other changed in kdelibs
between 2.1 and 2.1.1 besides jacking proxyauth up :-)

Oh, and yeah, I've been seeing that same problem (if you couldn't tell).  I've had
to use ssh tunneling to get out of my corporate firewall, and it sucks to surf at DSL
speeds when I could be riding a T3 :-(

D.A.Bishop