Re: KDE in woody?

I've used Ivan's KDE packages with a Woody/testing system. I know Ivan does not
recommend it, but then I'm only using my box for personal use. At the moment
everything seems to be quite stable, but I have seen some unstable behaviour on
my system. If your woody box is 'mission critical' you probably don't want to
try it, but if it's just for regular home use, I've found it to be quite a good
combination.

Ivan has recommended in the past that if you 'must' have KDE on woody, you
should probably use the QT and KDE stuff from unstable rather than his, as it is
closer matched WRT lib's and such, but I've only had a few glitches here and
there as Ivan has updated and re-built his KDE .deb's. No show stoppers.

Of course this is just my personal experiences based on my system. You might
want to hear what others have to say about their experiences before jumping in.

Cheers,

     John Gay