Re: KDE debs on PPC, failed SSL support (BUG?)

On Sunday 18 March 2001 10:02, George Richard Russell wrote:
> Using potato 2.2r2
>
> 1st of all, apt-get install task-kde is broken (reports broken packages)

task-kde is an "all" architecture package. It suggests several packages that
I have not built for powerpc.

> Stepping through the packages works fine, i.e. qt2, kdelibs3, etc
>
> Wanted to add SSL support.
> install libssl096 (from kde.debian.net - only apt source for crypto)
> and kdelibs3-crypto, kdebase-crypto
>
> Some interesting things.
> The https ioslave is installed. It appears in the control centre ioslave
> list The crypto control panel is not available from KMenu-Preferences, or
> the Control centre
>
> It is available from Konqureor-settings
> It reports it was not linked with openssl.
>
> Is this a packaging problem? I'm new to debian, but not to kde / linux in
> general.

When I built the latest versions of kdelibs, I got the following warning:

"You're missing openSSL, or your version is too old (before 0.9.5a)."
"KDE won't be able to access secure websites without it, so you should"
"consider installing or upgrading it."

Since I have libssl096 and libssl096-dev installed, I didn't understand the
message. I just noticed that I also have libssl09 installed (ssh 1.2.3
depends on it). Maybe that explains why openssh 2.3.0 is in optional...

I'll build the new openssh, remove libssl09, rebuild kdelibs and kdebase, and
see if that fixes the openssl problems.

Rick
--
rcook@ntlug.org