Re: kdelibs3 trouble

"David J. Roundy" wrote:

> The recent builds of kdelibs3 have caused KDE not to run at all.  kdm runs
> fine, except that the background is gray instead of blue, but when I log in
> the screen goes blank, but I don't get a splash screen, and after maybe
> thirty seconds I get dumped back into kdm.
>
> When I downgrade back to kdelibs3_4%3a2.1-beta2-0128-3_powerpc.deb,
> everything works fine.  Just about any kdelibs3 after this causes the
> aforementioned problem.

michdaen@pismo:~> dpkg -l|grep -i KDE|grep ii
ii  kdebase        2.1.0-4        KDE core applications
ii  kdebase-crypto 2.1-final-1    KDE core applications (Crypto modules)
ii  kdebase-libs   2.1.0-4        KDE libraries amd modules for kdebase
ii  kdelibs3       2.1.0.1-2      KDE core libraries (runtime files)
ii  kdelibs3-crypt 2.1-final-1    KDE core libraries (Crypto Modules)
ii  kedit          2.1-final-0.po A simple text editor for KDE
ii  kghostview     2.1-final-0.po PostScript viewer for KDE.
ii  koffice-libs   2.1-cvs2001021 KDE Office Suite (Common libraries and binar
ii  konqueror      2.1.0-4        KDE's advanced File Manager, Web Browser and
ii  kpresenter     2.1-cvs2001021 KDE Office Suite - KPresenter
ii  kspread        2.1-cvs2001021 KDE Office Suite - KSpread
ii  kword          2.1-cvs2001021 KDE Office Suite - KWord
ii  libkonq3       2.1.0-4        Core libraries for KDE's file manager
ii  libminimagick5 2.1-final-0.po Mini version of ImageMagick for use with KDE
ii  pixie          2.1-final-0.po Image Management System for KDE

I just started a session and exited without problems.