Re: kde.tdyc.com down?

> > I just did an  to apt-get update.  It doesn't seem to be responding.
> Why don't we try to put our files in sourceforge, or in Debian or in
> KDE..?

  1: sourceforge:    I attempted this at one point in time.  They said yes,
     and then I never heard back from them.  Many many emails later I gave
     up.

  2.  Debian.  where would we put it?  The QT1/KDE1 stuff would not be
      allowed in the first place due to the licensing issues.  It *can't*
      go into the potato distribution.  No place else allows rsync and ftp
      let alone allowing anyone but myself access to it.

  3.  KDE.   My experience with getting stuff put on the kde.org ftp servers
      has been a big royal pain in the ass usually taking several weeks to
      get things done.  Nothing against the KDE ftp guys here, they are
      volunteers.

So far there has not been a single volunteer to actually host the master site
that has the ability to do it correctly or who actually follows through.  For
this reason we have had the ongoing problems (over a year now) of where do
we put the box next...

I am no longer going to chase after a solution.  I will continue to work on
my own solution and if I get one great, if not oh well.

Ivan

--
Ivan E. Moore II