Re: Specifying tcp ports for kdm/kdeinit

hi,

i can only talk about kdm:

> The ports are always higher than 1023, so I'm not too worried about
> them being root-exploitable,
you should worry. if there is actually a bug in kdm, it may lead to a
root exploit. anyway, the code exists for 15 or more years ...

> I have no plans to access either 'service' from a remote machine
> outside of my network, so I don't need them open anyhow.

to close this tcp socket (the chooser socket) you need to close
the xdmcp port. put 'DisplayManager.requestPort: 0' in your xdm-config.

best regards

Nothing is fool-proof to a sufficiently talented fool.