Re: Konsole & AA fonts

> so does this mean there's no objections to me re-enabling AA support in
> konsole?

No objections from me. :)  But like Tim, I think it would be good to provide
documentation for the non-debian-kde reader for how to get konsole working
decently.

One suggestion might be to put the information in
/usr/share/doc/konsole/README.AAfonts or some such file.  I can try to draw
up such a file over the weekend if you want.  I don't know what the protocol
is (the problem is serious enough that if konsole with QT_XFT=1 cannot find
fixed-width fonts it becomes essentially unusable) - do we want to notify the
user on installation (a preinst popup like with xfs/xdm/etc?) that these
instructions exist?

I think half the problem here is that X cannot provide a good default
XftConfig since it depends on what Type1/TT fonts you have installed, and
there's no guarantee that any two users have any two such fonts in common.

Anyway.  I promised I'd go help at a yard sale. :)

Ben.

--

Ben Burton (benb@acm.org)
http://baasil.humbug.org.au/bab/

Director of Training
Australian Informatics Olympiad Committee

The only thing to do with good advice is pass it on; it is never of
any use to oneself.
	- Oscar Wilde