Most fonts unavailable to KDE in KDE 2.1 final

Hi,

I've just upgraded to KDE 2.1 final. I am running woody. System is AMD
Athlon, Xfree 4, Nvdida TNT2 graphics card.

The problem I am experiencing that only a handful of fonts are
available to KDE and KDE apps. I have checked that the fonts are
available to non KDE apps using xlsfonts and xfontsel. There used to be
an app in KDE called kfontcontrol or somthing like that which
controlled what fonts were made available but I think thats unecessary
with KDE 2?

I have made a screenshot which illustrates the problem. Note that the
number of fonts available to xfontsel is some 10 times greater than
that to the KDE font picker. (114 kb PNG)

http://www.myinternet.com.au/home/ian/screendump.png

Any help?

Ian
--