Re: New KDE Packages

On Tuesday 27 February 2001 17:53, Doc@mail.citicom.com wrote:

> 30 megs is not a pretty thought since I am lucky to connect at 28.8
> here in bad-copper-wire-country, rural Central Florida.

I can certainly sympathize.  I'm in rural Oklahoma, with about six
miles of copper between my modem and the CO.  I just started it at
bedtime and let it run.  It took about three hours.

One thing that helped a bunch here was when I discovered irqtune.  That
almost doubled my throughput, from abysmal to just painfully slow.  If
you don't have irqtune, check it out.

I've had masquerading set up for ages but the rest of my family used to
grumble when they had to go out through my box.  Now they ALL want to
go out through me.  If I drop my link without warning, somebody always
squawks.  I have to poll the house before I can disconnect.

--
Bud Rogers <budr@sirinet.net>   http://www.sirinet.net/~budr
All things in moderation.  And not too much moderation either.