Re: problem starting kde

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 07:01:31PM +0100, Etienne Gos wrote:
> Bonjour
> I have a problem starting kde.
> I installed task-kde with dselect from http://kde.tdyc.com/debian potato
> main crypto optional
> Everything seems to be ok.
> But once I start (debian panel with blue background), login user, chose
> kde2, password, there is a problem: the kde2 window doesn't open
> correctly, just a blue window with a little window where I can tape
> orders.
>
> I looked around, and found out that:
> task-kde ist not correctly installed:
> # dpkg -s task-kde
> Package: task-kde
>
> # apt-get install task-kde
> Sorry but the following packages have unmet dependencies
> task-kde: Depends: kdebase but it is not going to be installed
>                 Depends: kivio but it is not going to be installed
> E: Sorry, broken packages
>
> # apt-get install kdebase
> Sorry but the following packages have unmet dependencies
> kdebase: Depends: libgl1 but it is not installable
> E: Sorry, broken packages

Here's a good place for a problem. libgl1 is a virtual package, it is
declared 'Provides: libgl1' by others, xlibmesa mesag3 to name a couple.
Try something like:
apt-cache search libgl1, or
grep-available -F Provides libgl1 -s Package

Then determine which you want/need apt-get install it then apt-get
upgrade.