2.0.1 -VS- 2.1 Beta and Potato

I just wanted to get my facts straight and check a few points. I've got a Dual
PII350 with 256M. I'm running Potato, but it has been upgraded from slink, has
quite a few extra things thrown in as well, and I've been using 2.0.1 kindly
provided by yours truly. Very shortly I will be completely wiping my hard drive
to start testing Progeny Linux and scrapping Windows at the same time.

1)   KDE 2.0.1 is stable, but no further development will occur on this.

2)   KDE 2.1 is Beta, mostly working but has a risk of breaking as you work to
improve it.

3)   KDE 2.1 is improved over 2.0.1, but with Beta testing of Progeny coming up,
I don't want the added problems of using Beta KDE, so I'll stick with 2.0.1
until 2.1 is stable-ish.

I do have some problems with Brahms that you so kindly incorporated on my
request, but these are probably due to my home-compiled kernel for SMP support
with the sound compiled-in. I'll work this issue with Progeny once I get started
with them.

I'm not sure what KDE Progeny is providing. If they provide 2.1, then I'll work
with them if I have any issues. Otherwise I'll wait for your 2.1 to become
'fairly' stable and give that a try.

Thanks again for your great support! Especially getting Brahms so quickly for
me. Keep up the great work! If it weren't for you, I would not have had the
opportunity to see KDE on Debian and try out Brahms!

Cheers,

     John Gay