Re: Konqueror + web auth question

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 05:54:05PM +0000, Nick wrote:
> Can someone explain to me how Konqueror works with website passwords
> (HTTP_AUTH stuff) ? Every version I've used pops up multiple auth
> requests (one for the page, plus one for each image on the page) and
> doesn't seem to remember the damn things.
>
> Since I spend most of my life working on development websites with password
> protected access, this is really annoying!
>
> Is it possible to get Konqueror to behave like other browsers and remember
> the passwords (from page to page, upon browser exit/reload, and across
> system reboots) ?

I have not had any problems with the auth pieces.  Konq is designed to
store a password for a site access from a single konq session.  If you have
2 browsers open..they are treated totally seperate.  It will never save
the passwords upon browser exit and definatly not across system reboots...

Ivan
--
Ivan E. Moore II