2.0.1 refuses to start

I installed the latest series of packages from kde.tdyc.com just now on
another machine of mine.  As usual, I ran 'update-alternatives --config x-
window-manager' to reset x-window-manager to KDE (for some reason it goes back
to enlightenment every single time there's any major update to KDE2).
However, instead of seeing a kde2 executable in the list, I saw it had been
changed to /usr/bin/kwin.  Fine, I say to myself, and select that one.

Logging in from xdm winds up with a blank screen and the X cursor, and nothing
running that I can see using 'top'.  Same with running startx from a user
account.  I see that /usr/bin/kde2 still exists and was installed at the same
time as /usr/bin/kwin.  What's the deal?

I've got kdebase 2.0.1-0.potato3.

Gordon Morehouse
nphyre@evernex.com
www.evernex.com