configure of kde2.0.1 corruption

hi,

first i'd like to thank the people who provided the deb packages,
I could install them (and they're now running) but the configuration
causes an error when i run the dselect install/configure :

<snip>
67 packages not fully installed or removed.
Need to get 0B of archives. After unpacking 0B will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
dpkg: /home/wichert/sources/dpkg-1.6.14/main/packages.c:191: process_queue:
Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg exited unexpectedly
<snip>
dpkg: /home/wichert/sources/dpkg-1.6.14/main/packages.c:191: process_queue:
Assertion `dependtry <= 4' failed.
/usr/lib/dpkg/methods/apt/install: line 96:   721 Aborted
$DPKG
--configure -a

is this a dpkg error or caused by the kde packages ?
is there a workaround ?

Since my applications are not configured i experience some inconvenience
(like konqueror cant go in https mode)