Internationalization packages

I was wondering if it's necessary or even a good idea to have all of the
kde-i18* packages installed if the system is only going to be used by
mono-lingual people.  It would certainly be less strain on my poor 33.6 modem
if I didn't have to keep downloading all of those files every time there's an
update.

On a related note: which of those packages is US-English (or equivalent)?

--
Did you know that if you play a Windows 2000 cd backwards, you
will hear the voice of Satan?

That's nothing!  If you play it forward, it'll install Windows 2000.