Re: compiling kdelibs4/arts failing in linker stage

After investigating the problem some more I found out that f.ex.
"Arts::ObjectManager::the" is in the libarts1-dev package, more precisely
in /usr/lib/libartsflow_idl.so.1.0.0.

And I realized that the libarts1-dev package was not installed on my
system so I installed it.

I thought that I might be lucky and add the library manually, by adding
-lartsflow_idl to the compile comand line below - but no, it doesn't work
- libtool seems to be ignoring the extra parameter and/or not linking to
the shared library.

Can anybdody help? Do I have to:

	kdelibs $ make clean; ./configure --blah --blah; make; make install

again and have my poor laptop compile for another two or three days with
me running back and forth to see whether it didn't break/stop somewhere
in the middle?

Is there any other way to tell that libtool monster to add one further
library? Or is libarts compiled with an old compiler? How can I find out?

Help is still, very, very much appreciated,
*t