Re: 2.2 packages

I installed these packages, and had my session lock up within about 10
minutes - which is pretty terrible, considering that a build I've been
running from CVS as of about a week ago has been almost completely stable. I
could move the mouse, but nothing would respond. XMMS kept playing, however,
which leads me to believe there was some program which was tying up the X
server. I had to reboot it with the magic sysrq hotkeys. Interestingly
enough, I've had the same kind of lockup a few times with a Mandrake 8
machine using the Mandrake 8 2.2-alpha2 RPMs, so it's probably a KDE problem
and not a problem with your packages. In addition, on kde-devel they've been
talking about the terrible instabilities in recent CVS.

So I'd stay away from these unless you're really masochistic :).