Re: [Pkg-javascript-devel] bug 2047517 for the package node-react 17.0.2+dfsg+~cs106.66.62-1

Thank you for your explanation.

Ubuntu 22.04 is based on Debian12 (bookworm). But in Debian12 node-react_18.2.0+dfsg+~cs87.31.26-4 is used.
I checked the contents of the file /usr/share/nodejs/react-is/index.js. It is the same after installing "apt install" and after installing built *.deb files.
Probably Ubuntu guys forgot to update the version of node-react. I tried to do it and it looks like it's required to update and many packets.
I'll check this problem on Debian 11.

Best regards.
Petr

On Wed, Jan 10, 2024 at 3:50 PM Yadd <yadd@debian.org> wrote:
On 1/10/24 11:54, Petr Petrov wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I found your email in debian/control of the package node-react.
> If I need to send this info to different persons please direct me.
>
> I found a bug for the package node-react on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS and created
> the ticket
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/node-react/+bug/2047517
> <https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/node-react/+bug/2047517> .
> Have you seen it? It should probably be fixed because Ubuntu 22.04 has
> label Long Term Support.
>
> Best regards
> Petr

Hi,

  * Ubuntu LTS concerns only a few list of packages, I'm pretty sure that
    JS packages aren't supported
  * You wrote to Debian maintainers who maintain packages in Debian
    distribution, not Ubuntu
  * Ubuntu downloads package from Debian testing/unstable but has its
    own build system

So sorry, but we can't help you here.

Best regards,
Yadd