Re: Fwd: Debian partitipation in Outreachy, December 2023 round

Hi Praveen,

I'd like to co-mentor on this project. I think my experience with
writing the yarn plugin during my internship and packaging @yarnpkg/cli
could be helpful to the next interns.

Thanks.

On 23-Sep-23 9:24 AM, Pirate Praveen wrote:
Hi,
I'm planning to propose a project that will continue the yarn plugin apt project that was implemented in previous outreachy rounds.

Israel reports, @yarnpkg/cli will be completed soon so we can finally replace our existing yarnpkg (and remove node-request).

The tasks I have in mind are,

1. Package yarn plugin apt - either separate or within @yarnpkg/cli
2. Integrate yarn pluging apt in gitlab so packaged dependencies can be used (currently all node dependencies are pulled from npm registry) 3. Integrate with pkg-js-autopkgtest so we can confirm dependencies mentioned in package.json are satisfied via apt and find out if any dependencies are out of sync.

If you would like to be a co-mentor, please reply.

Thanks
Praveen