Re: Milestone Debian Junior Live System

Hi Stefan,

Am Wed, Jun 08, 2022 at 07:12:34PM +0000 schrieb Stefan Kropp:

> ITP: debian-junior-desktop -- Debian Junior Desktop environment
>
> ITP: debian-junior-live-system -- Debian Junior Live System
>
> In this evening I have prepared the packages on salsa;
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-jr-team/debian-junior-desktop
> https://salsa.debian.org/debian-jr-team/debian-junior-live-system
>
>  * debian-junior-live-system (0.0.1) experimental; urgency=low
>  * debian-junior-desktop (0.0.1) experimental; urgency=medium
>  * The current status is in master and debian/master

Do you have any reason to maintain two branches?  I'd just go
with master (debian/ is redundant, isn't it?)

>  * The debian/changelog has been updated to the ITP Bug

For new packages I'd use

     * Initial release. (Closes: #1012463)

as only entry in changelog.  The initial release is the one where
future changelogs are refering to.

I admit I do not see any reason to create a *separate*
debian-junior-desktop package.  It could be included into the
debian-junior package by using the Blends framework.  If you have no
idea how to do this I'd happily provide a patch.

In principle we intended to include a live-system creator also into
the blends-dev framework but this has not happened yet.  If you want
to gain synergy effects for the future we should talk about this on
debian-blends@lists.debian.org.

>  * The debian/control has been updated with a "small" description
>  * The current status is tagged with version 0.0.1

> lintian says for both packages:
> W: debian-junior-live-system: improbable-bug-number-in-closes 1012465

Please upgrade your lintian to the version from unstable.

> W: debian-junior-live-system source: newer-standards-version 4.6.1 (current is 4.5.1)

That issue is not yet fixed in lintian.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--