Re: Approached DouDouLinux developers

Sorry for the delay, I'm very very busy these days… I fear this is not
going to change a lot during the coming weeks so, if I don't answer very
quickly, please don't imagine that I'm fed up with you!!!

> I read the Packages file in your APT repository and I found some packages that
> could be candidates for upload to Debian (or merging with already existing
> packages).

Ok. Don't hesitate to ask me if the role of some packages is not very
clear.

Note that there may still be obsolete packages on our repository, for
example the series doudoulinux-l10n-xx as source packages (but not
doudoulinux-l10n). doudoulinux-l10n-xx were the first ones, I discovered
later how to make a single source package leading to several binary
ones.

> > Indeed I'm already member of this list :). I'll put my answer to Per's
> > email in CC to let the discussion go on here.
>
> That's great! (I suppose you are more people though?)

Mmm, well, most of our contributors are translators, which is logical
since we recently reached 45 language teams. The core team is around 10
people with few developers (at most 3-4, varying with seasons!).
Currently I'm the only active one. The second most active developer, who
made our ARM port, has left the team for personal reasons and things now
progress very slowly. It's difficult to have people contribute in the
long term. Two developers are interested to join but it is too early to
tell how motivated they are.

So I'll probably be your unique interlocutor for weeks or months.
Fortunately I've always been the only one to make Debian packages for
DoudouLinux. So I know all of them and should be able to answer all your
questions.

--
Cheers,
JM.