Notes from the meeting at DebConf13

Hi!

As the self-proclaimed leader of the Debian Jr project I hereby present the
notes from the meeting at DebConf13.

I have categorized the points I wrote down below (all of this should be put on a
Wiki TODO or similar, once it is up and running).

HANDS-ON WORK

* Push for Debian Pure Blends as tasks in Debian Installer (similar to desktop
  environment or printer/sql/ssh server etc).

* Create Debian Kids Live image

* Package DoudouLinux software for Debian

OUTREACH

* Encourage blogging about the project

* Help kids and parents explore software
** Debtags
** Pure blends browser
** More?

* Hold a logo contest

* Create propaganda and spread the word

* Contact Debian derivatives (sadly I did not note what we should say to them)

* Encoure single package mantainers to join the team

TEAM COORDINATION AND COMMUNICATION

* Use the Wiki
** Overview
** User content
** Package/maintainer page

* Create alioth project

* Rename to Debian Kids. I have actually got quite some feedback that this
  is a much better name. I still think this is low priority for now
though, but new
  project/team resources should carry the name Debian Kids to create a
  smooth/silent transition. (Thoughts on this?)

PRESENTATION

* Presentation on DebConf14
** Possibly also on some mini-DebConf

Who is available to take up any of the actionables presented above?!

Any input on how we should prioritize; i.e. what should we start with?

What next? Let's rock! :-D

Best,
Per

PS. Please take this leader title light heartedly. I am happy to do
administrative
work and do my best to push the project forward. I am not interested
in declaring
"my rule"; I firmly believe that the best efforts are done with team consensus.

PPS. I will also be very busy with personal life the next two months.
Move, work,
pre-school etc; it takes up a lot of the time now... I will try to do
at least one
Debian Kids thing every other week to keep momentum.