Report from DouDouLinux talk at DebConf

Hi,

there was some talk about DouDouLinux at DebConf and I'd like to give a
short summary of this talk and the discussion afterwards.  It was
decided to revitalise Debian Junior (possibly under a different name) by
some Debian developers to help migrating packages from DouDouLinux to
Debian and by doing so creating some packaging team around it.  Per
Anderson volunteered to lead this effort.

As a result from the afterwards ad hoc BoF of the people who became
immediately interested there was some talk about the following things:

  1. Should we find a different name (suggestion was "Debian Kids")
  2. The existing infrastructure was mentioned

       a) static webpage[2]
       b) developer oriented Wiki[3]
       c) Tasks pages[4] (and according metapackages junior-* created
          from debian-junior source package)
       d) goplay

  3. People should try (hard) to meet in some sprint - possibly
     attached to one of the upcoming Mini Debconfs
  4. Report about Debian Jr at DebConf 14
  5. Creating a packaging team on Alioth to get packages from
     DouDouLinux injected into Debian (may be Sponsering of Blends[5]
     might help)
  6. Creating strong connections to Debian Games
  7. Use Debian Junior[4] / Debian Games[6] tasks pages (the later ones
     are *very* similar to Debian Junior currently basically because
     they were used as boilerplate in the first place) for attracting
     outsiders and showing up what we have.
     You can easily maintain the tasks in SVN:

       Debian-Junior:
         svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/junior/trunk
         (alternatively: debcheckout debian-junior
          ... if alioth would not insist on using anonscm)
       Debian-Games
         svn://svn.debian.org/svn/blends/projects/games/trunk

     If you want to know some more details about Blends you should
     have a look into the Blends documentation[7].

Kind regards and greetings from DebConf

     Andreas - very happy to see some movement inside this cute project!

[1] http://penta.debconf.org/dc13_schedule/events/1033.en.html
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-jr/
[3] https://wiki.debian.org/DebianJr
[4] http://blends.alioth.debian.org/junior/tasks