Rewriting Debian Jr. packages

Hello!

It's been a long time we had talked about merging DoudouLinux packages
lists into Debian Jr. I'm sorry I've been very busy for a while and
could not do this until now. However, we are now closer to move to
Squeeze – yes, only Squeeze – so I started to look at Junior packages
lists and saw they aren't arranged as our lists are arranged. Moreover
we have several additional requirements because we want to provide CD's,
ARM builds and later we hope a multilingual DVD. The full set of
packages can then not be installed on every target, which means we have
to find a way to separate package lists into subsets.

Right now I have the following ideas in mind, please comment if you
disagree or have better ideas:

* merge gnome/kde Junior lists into other lists
* create *-extra packages lists
* create *-live-* packages lists for our LiveCD
* use Recommends/Suggests for applications we're not using in
DoudouLinux
* create *-l10n-* packages to install language-specific packages

Please note that the latest proposal would probably introduce around 30
new packages as of writing. I think they should all provide a virtual
package "junior-l10n" that is recommended by the main junior task, if
this is possible to do that with the blend tool. This way not all these
packages would be installed by the Junior task.

Cheers,
--
Jean-Michel Philippe
Project founder