Re: Job DONE: clean spam out of lists.debian.org/debian-jr

On Wed, Nov 22, 2006 at 09:44:03AM -0400, Ben Armstrong wrote:
> On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 09:09:15 -0400
> Ben Armstrong <synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca> wrote:
> > Thanks, Milan.  I have now marked spam in all archives from present
> > day back to January 2004 at http://lists.debian.org/debian-jr, except
> > for the months from Apr. 2004 through Aug. 2005 because messages in
> > those months lack a "Report as spam" button.
>
> With the exception of the above range that I cannot yet mark, I have
> now marked all spam in the archives that can be marked, back to the
> beginning of the list (2000).
>
> If-and-when the listmaster gets back to me, I'll finish the job.

I just "bumped" this to the listmaster. Does the report as spam button
actually do anything to old emails though? My cursory reading of the
lists.debian.org pages suggests that its only really useful in the
first few hours. Does it cause email to actually be deleted from the
archive? I see spam in the archives prior to Apr 2004, so maybe its
not deleting them?