Re: Moed Debian Jr. repository to Alioth

On Tue, 10 Apr 2007 21:34:12 +0200 (CEST)
Andreas Tille <tillea@rki.de> wrote:
> What are these reasons and how can I help to invalidate them?

I'm not sure if you can.  Individual metapackages with individual release
cycles has always worked well for me.  Also, I'm beginning to see that
system-wide changes are not as good as per-user changes, and those per-user
changes vary, depending on the age of the child.  So I have had to give up
on the "group" concept because unlike in a CDD like Debian-med, where roles
are more rigid, the "role" of a child of a certain age isn't.

> I do not really care where the source of a project are located I
> would regard it as very reasonable to at least leave a hint in the
> CDD repository.

I left a message on the commit.  But I guess you are right.  This is not
enough.  I should re-add the junior dir and add a README.junior-has-moved
in it to explain where it went.

> I wonder whether I should stop the cdd-dev fun
> having only for one single CDD while others seem to be happy to
> develop their own stuff in parallel.

I don't know.  I didn't reject cdd-dev because it's a bad toolkit.  It was
because I began to see ways in which Jr. was quite different from the
"typical" CDD, so it was not really as good a match as I at first thought.

Ben
--
 ,-.  nSLUG    http://www.nslug.ns.ca   synrg@sanctuary.nslug.ns.ca
 \`'  Debian   http://www.debian.org    synrg@debian.org