live-helper progress

http://syn.theti.ca/articles/2007/03/20/live-helper-progress

Now that live-helper[1] has superceded live-package[2] I have a config
for the junior livecd work-in-progress in the debian-live repository:

       sudo apt-get install live-helper
       svn co svn://svn.debian.org/debian-live/configs/junior
       sudo make-live --root junior &>make-live.log

This will build a usb image for the gnome-junior package list. If you
want a regular iso image or want to try the kde-junior or xfce-junior
lists, just make the appropriate changes in config.

I have tested the usb image on a 1G usb key. At this point I’m not
layering on customizations, but am focusing on basic usability issues:
X autoconfiguration, sound, menus, etc. Once I’m happy with these I’ll
move on to the kinds of customizations we’d like to make for children.

[1] live-helper is still in NEW at the moment. I’ve been checking it out
from svn and building the package myself, though you can also get
Daniel’s packages from his site[3]. My config should work with a2-1 or
later.

[2]
http://lists.alioth.debian.org/pipermail/debian-live-devel/2007-March/000998.html

[3] http://archive.daniel-baumann.ch/debian/packages/live-helper