Re: A single attractive, functional, desktop for all ages

On Thu, 8 Mar 2007, Ben Armstrong wrote:

I think our default desktop should be simple, functional for those who
are a little older (maybe age 4 or so) but not styled in such a way
that older kids can't get at what they want, and not embarrassingly
"preschool" themed.

My 16 year old son was immediately attracted by xfce4 once he has
seen it on my box.  Formerly I regarded Gnome/SawFish as a good
environment for our boxes at home, but once I got bored and decided
to switch.

IMHO this desktop is easy enough in usage and fulfills the
requirement of simplicity and functionality while beeing not to
resource hungry for older machines that might show up often
in the rooms of our children.

Kind regards

           Andreas.

PS: No, I will not take part in a Gnome / KDE / Xfce flame war.
    I just expressed my opinion and will be quiet about this topic
    from now on.

--
http://fam-tille.de