Live CD as a focal point for reviving Jr development

I'd like to hear proposals for Jr. live CDs.  There are many ways to go
about this, and if any of you have specific experience with one of them,
or would like to try to make one fly, please let us know.

I thought it would be nice to experiment with an Ubuntu Jr. CD, even
though this is not native Debian.  My reasoning is that in doing so, we
could produce something that is geared towards the average end-user, and
at the same time, such a derivative would feed improvements back into
the Debian core upon which it is based.  So I'm working through the
HOWTO here to try to put something together:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LiveCDCustomizationHowTo

Naturally, a live CD produced from native Debian would be good to do in
parallel with this effort.  I'm just faced with so many different
alternatives that I'm not sure which to go with.  Comments?

Ben