Re: cuecard

Wade,

On Mon, 2004-05-10 at 15:13, Wade Brainerd wrote:
> Hi, I posted a RFA on bugs.debian.org for my free flash card program
> CueCard.  It's a fairly popular Win32 flash card program written using
> wxWindows, I have compiled it under Linux in the past but have not found
> time to test it thoroughly and learn how to make packages etc.

First, RFA is a "request for adoption", which is only appropriate for
packages already in Debian.  I don't see CueCard in Debian, so I assume
you meant "RFP".  Please see:

http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

Also, I see that Steve Langasek has (correctly, IMHO) closed your bug
because, as you say, you haven't yet tested it well enough on Linux.
First, make sure the package works on Linux.  Then ask for it to be
included in Debian.

> I thought it might be a good match for Debian Jr., please let me know if
> interested.

Assuming you finish porting and test CueCard on the Linux platform, and
want to include it in Debian, as I indicated to you on irc earlier, I
think your program would be more appropriate for Debian-Edu.  However,
that niche is already occupied in the education-misc package by
flashkard.  You would need to make a case to them for why your package
has advantages over flashkard and would therefore be useful to either
include alongside flashkard or replace it.

Regards,
Ben Armstrong
Debian Jr. project leader
--